- Sponsor / Exhibit
- PAST SYMPOSIUMS
- Contact Us
- DSI Home
Military IoT & Sensors Summit
“Harnessing the IoT Ecosystem for Mission Success”
May 16-17, 2018 | Alexandria, VA
The 2018 Military IoT and Sensors Summit will provide a forum on how the enhanced capabilities of the internet are transforming the modern battlespace. In addition, this event will also provide insight on the efforts to improve current sensor capabilities, as well as assisting in the development of IoTs throughout the DoD enterprise.
2018 Confirmed Speakers Include:
RDML Danelle Barrett, USN, Cyber Security Division Director, Deputy Chief of Naval Operations for Information Warfare, DON, USN
Frank Konieczny, SES, CTO, Office of Information Dominance and Chief Information Officer, HQAF
Joseph E. Bucci, Deputy Program Executive Officer, PEO IEW&S
Sara Mosley, Acting Director of the Office of the Chief Technology Officer, DHS
COL John D. Kuenzli, USA, Commander, LOGSA, U.S. Army
Dr. Stephen Russell, Chief, Battlefield Information Processing Branch, U.S. Army Research Laboratory
Rick Walsh, PM, Army Mobile Innovation Lead, Office of the Army Chief Information Officer/G-6
Dr. Mark A. Stanley, Cyber Defense Architect, Deputy CIO for CS, Architecture and Engineering Office, DoD-CIO Office
Dr. Ronald Ross, Senior Computer Scientist and Fellow, NIST, Department of Commerce
Dr. Joseph Kirschbaum, Defense Capabilities and Management, U.S. Government Accountability Office
Dr. Keith Gremban, Director, Institute of Telecommunication Sciences, NTIA
LtCol Scott A. Cuomo, USMC, Initial Strategist Program Marine, Marine Corps Aviation, USMC
Exhibit and Sponsorship Information:
The 2018 Military IoT & Sensors Sensors Summit provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions. Download the Sponsorship and Exhibiting Prospectus Here. Sponsors and Supporters page
Topics to be covered at the 2018 Summit:
- Increasing sensor capabilities to enhance situational awareness on the battlefield
- Understanding the benefits and challenges associated with IoT and Sensor technologies
- Combating cyber vulnerabilities within IoT networks
- Integrating IoTs in support of enhanced combat effectiveness
- Managing the expansion of interconnected devices across cyberspace
- Implementing IoTs to enhance intelligence collection
- Leveraging IoTs to improve protection for the Warfighter
- Addressing the integration of IoTs onto wearable technologies
At our Summit you will have the ability to:
- Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing the IoT and Sensor Communities.
- Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to engage in constructive dialogue among all in attendance.
- Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are encouraged to address our speaker faculty and each other with their questions, comments or ideas.
Operating Guidance for Government Attendees:
- DSI’s Summit directly supports DoD, IC, DHS, and Government priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their department’s mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
- DSI’s Summit will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission.
- The Summit is open and complimentary to all DoD and Federal employees and is considered an educational and training forum.
- (Industry and academia members are charged a fee for admission)
Summit is CLOSED TO PRESS / NO RECORDINGS
Why You Should Attend this Year’s Summit:
The rapid integration of IoTs on modern sensor technologies has brought about vast changes across the DoD. With the projected number of IoT devices to exceed 21 billion by the year 2020, the DoD and the Intelligence Community must be proactive and ready to protect its personnel, data, and mission. DoD has long dealt with sensor technology, and the integration of internet connectivity onto these sensors has opened the door for vast opportunity to increase current capabilities.
With any opportunity comes risk and challenges that DoD will need to address moving forward for efficient and timely mission success. From promoting greater awareness on the battlefield, to increasing the timely collection of relevant, real-time data from various devices, IoTs will help save the lives of the Warfighter moving forward. At this forum, you will have the opportunity to contribute to this evolving community of interest.
At the 2018 Military IoT and Sensors Summit, invited speakers and delegates will collaborate with one another to develop policy, foster innovation, and provide a way to develop IoTs in a way to maximize sensor capabilities. This event will give you the ability to meet with senior leaders across the DoD to advance IoT capabilities in support of the warfighter. Our senior level speakers will also talk about various current projects that are being undertaken to address Military Sensors and IoTs.
DSI’s team specializes in the extensive research and development of our Summits’ content and focus areas, and we will assemble the most respected minds in the Military Sensors and IoT communities, as well as key policy-makers across military and civilian offices. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all services and organizations to bring together a truly holistic group of decision makers and solution providers.
DSI strives to provide the most up to date, mission relevant, topics and discussion points for our meetings. In order to assure that we are providing the best subject content possible, our Advisory Board Members have volunteered to share their respective insight and expertise with us. We are truly grateful to have their support and guidance as we strive to continually create truly effective meetings and events for all. Learn more about our Advisory Board Members.